The New Haven Promise scholarship is an annual award that covers full tuition for up to four years for any New Haven resident who graduates from a New Haven public school; who attends a Connecticut in-state public 2- or 4-year college or university; and who meets the following residency, civic behavior, and academic performance criteria:
Be a New Haven resident and attend New Haven Public Schools or approved public charter school in the City of New Haven;
- Have a positive disciplinary record;
- Complete 40 hours of community service;
- Meet 90% attendance or better during high school (grades 9-12 no more than 72 absences);
- Receive a cumulative 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or better upon graduation from New Haven public schools; and
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA during the years s/he is enrolled in post-secondary education to college.
The Promise Scholarship is funded by Yale University.