We did send this out to all eligible New Haven Promise Scholars last week, but we want to make sure you don’t miss your chance at a paid internship this summer. If you haven’t registered or begun work on your resume, the time has come.
Last January the New Haven Promise Internship Fair resulted in Scholars earning more than $100,000 in paid summer internships, mostly within their fields of study. Because the hiring managers considered the initiative such a success, Yale University and New Haven Promise have teamed up to do it again (along with other local companies and organizations to be announced). The Internship Fair will take place on Thursday, January 8, beginning at 5:30 pm at Payne Whitney Gym (70 Tower Parkway) on the campus of Yale University.
Here are the requirements and expectations for participants:
- Advanced registration required (Now closed)
- Available only to eligible New Haven Promise Scholars
- Professional attire
- Bring several copies of your resume
We also have suggestions and resources for participants:
- Link to the New Haven Promise LinkedIn group, which will not only allow us to review your credentials and give some feedback, it will help us connect Scholars with hiring managers focused on specific backgrounds, even beyond this Internship Fair
- Advice on preparing a professional LinkedIn profile
- Video about the Internship Fair
- Video about the associated Promising Leaders Program at the Yale School of Management
- Video to understand how resumes are reviewed (and how quickly)
- Quick changes to strengthen your resume
- Suggested Time Magazine read on the role your social media profiles can impact your chances in a job search.