New Haven Promise is a scholarship and support program created to promote college education as an aspiration for all New Haven public school students; assist graduating students from New Haven to pursue education after high school; and enhance the growth, stability, and economic development of the City of New Haven.
The mission of New Haven Promise is to improve city schools and support economic development in New Haven by growing a competitive workforce and increasing homeownership.
Board of Directors
- Yale University President Peter Salovey, Ex-Officio Director, Board Chair
- City of New Haven Mayor Toni N. Harp, Ex-Officio Director
- The Community Foundation President & CEO William W. Ginsberg, Ex-Officio Director
- Gateway Community College President Dr. Dorsey Kendrick, Director
- Southern Connecticut State University President Dr. Mary Papazian, Director