New Haven Promise is a scholarship and support program created to promote college education as an aspiration for all New Haven public school students; assist graduating students from New Haven to pursue education after high school; and enhance the growth, stability, and economic development of the City of New Haven.
The mission of New Haven Promise is to improve city schools and support economic development in New Haven by growing a competitive workforce and increasing homeownership.
Board of Directors
- Yale University President Peter Salovey, Ex-Officio Director, Board Chair
- City of New Haven Mayor Toni N. Harp, Ex-Officio Director
- The Community Foundation President & CEO William W. Ginsberg, Ex-Officio Director
- Yale New Haven Health President & CEO Marna Borgstrom, Director
- Southern Connecticut State University President Dr. Joe Bertolino, Director
- Gateway Community College President Dr. Paul Broadie, Director
- New Haven Promise President Patricia Melton, Ex-Officio Director